Saturday, August 9, 2014

embrace

I am on a journey with this new blog. Thinking of the joy and satisfaction I experienced during my participation in the 100 Happy Days experiment (http://100happydays.com) this past spring, I want to continue documenting the positivity and my awe of life, as well as my work to make peace with life's challenges. Our days on this earth are limited. It's not morbid to say this; it's honest. If I'm lucky, I will awake in the morning and have another chance to experience the life I've been given. Some of my days can be tough, it's true, and sometimes there doesn't seem to be enough time to enjoy the moments that bring me the most joy. But in every day, in every situation, I know that I have a choice. Quite simply, I am creating this blog as a declaration that I am humbly choosing to embrace it all, come what may. I will love. I will learn. I will laugh. And I will cry--sometimes out of sadness or pain, or, as I hope will be the case more times than naught, out of sheer appreciation and praise for this life I'm living.

This blog is an extension of the blog I created in December of 2010, viewsfromthedock.blogspot.com. I will continue with that, and perhaps at times, on that site I will share a post crafted here, but I like the idea of starting fresh with a renewed sense of self, the "me" that is dropping to her knees ready to accept, ready to be.

If you stay with me on this journey, you'll see me embrace the good, the bad, the serene, the chaotic. God bless.

The day has begun.



2 comments:

  1. Sharing your life experiences are wonderful...especially to those who don't take the time to appreciate theirs. Your blog will teach others how to appreciate things in their own life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this vote of confidence, Ron!

      Delete